|2013 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University ‐ Department of Community Health|
|Present||Marketing Contact, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- 1993 - Fellow, Talented Undergraduate Women and Minority Research Fellowship, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Knoxville, TN
- 1997 - Fellow, Ronald McNair Summer Research Fellowship, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Knoxville, TN
- 1997 - Comprehensive Minority Faculty Development Graduate Fellowship, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- 2000 - UAB Center for Health Promotion Trainee Poster Competition (3rd Place), University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- 2000 - Fellow, National Cancer Institute Predoctoral Training Fellowship, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- 2002 - UAB Graduate Research Day Competition, Oral Competition (2nd Place), University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- 2004 - Fellow, National Cancer Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship, Case Western Reserve Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH
- 2004 - Scholar Participant, Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD
- 2005 - R. Davilene Carter Presidential Prize, Best Paper (2nd Place), American Association for Cancer Education, Cincinnati, OH
- 2005 - Fellow, Summer Research Career Development Institute in Minority Health and Health Disparities, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2006 - Scholar Participant, New Investigator's Workshop, American Society of Preventive Oncology, Bethesda, MD
- 2006 - R. Davilene Carter Presidential Prize, Best Paper (3rd Place), American Association for Cancer Education, San Diego, CA
- 2012 - Faculty Mentor, AACR Minority-Serving Institution Faculty-Cancer Center Collaboratives Faculty Mentoring Program (11th Frontiers in Cancer Conference)
- 2012 - Faculty Mentor, AACR Minority-Serving Institution Faculty-Cancer Center Collaboratives Faculty Mentoring Program (5th Annual Disparities Conference
- 2015 - Scholar Participant, 2015 NIH Translational Health Disparities Course (2-weeks), Bethesda, MD
- 1st Place Poster, National Cancer Institute Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities Professional Development Workshop (2016)
- Doctoral Seminar in Community Health (CHBE 9630)
- Research Methods in Community and Behavioral Health (CHBE 9130)
- Theoretical Perspectives of the Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health (PUBH 8136)
- Research Methods in Health Sciences (COHE 6130)
- Health Promotion Planning (COHE7232)
|2001 ‐ 2004||Ph.D. in Health Education and Health Promotion, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|1999 ‐ 2000||M.P.H. in Health Behavior, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|1995 ‐ 1997||B.A. in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, University of West Florida|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-7901
Office: Hendricks Hall
Population-Based Analysis of Hematologic Malignancy Referrals to a Comprehensive Cancer ...
Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (2015)
Racial and ethnic disparities have been reported in clinical trial/research participation, utilization of autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation ...
Applicability of a Video Intervention to Increase Informed Decision Making ...
Journal of the National Medical Association (2010)
Purpose: To evaluate the applicability of an evidence-based video intervention to promote informed decision making for prostate cancer (CaP) screening ...
Published Abstracts (15)
Abstract A44: Using CBPR to Extend Prostate Cancer Education, Counseling ...
Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention (2016)
Community-based participatory research (CBPR) is becoming one of the dominant approaches for bringing evidence- and consensus-based cancer prevention and control ...