|2013 - Present||Affiliate, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University|
|2011 - Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Behavioral and Social Sciences, College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Criminal Justice and Criminology, Department of|
- Introduction to the Criminal Justice System (CRJU 1100)
- Corrections (CRJU 3331)
- Special Topics: Corporal Punishment (CRJU 4192)
- Research Methods (CRJU 4231)
- Comparative World Justice Systems (CRJU 4531)
- Senior Seminar in Justice Studies (CRJU 4631)
- Internships in Justice Studies (CRJU 4792)
- Seminar in Criminal Justice: Institutional Corrections and Penology (CRJU 7632)
PO Box 8105
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-1397
Office: Carroll 1076
Publications: Books (2)
Refereed Journal Articles (14)
Exploring Gender-Based Disparities in Legal Protection, Education, Health, Political Empowerment ...
Women & Criminal Justice (2014)
Gender inequalities in legal protection, education, health, employment, and political empowerment have been of special interest to researchers for many ...
The Discipline of Difference: Ethnolinguistic Heterogeneity and Corporal Punishment
International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice (2012)
The minority threat hypothesis contends that growth in the size of a given minority population along with the ensuing competition ...
Non-Refereed Publications (5)
Conference Presentations (23)
Negotiating Balance: Criminal Justice and Social Complexity in Fragile States
American Society of Criminology Annual Meeting (2016)
Social science has long proffered that formal sanctions serve purposes beyond the mere circumscription of criminal behavior (Durkheim 1983). Rusche ...