|Present||Professor, University of Texas at El Paso|
Honors and Awards
- 2017 Research Exemplar Award.
- 2016 Excellence in Mentoring given by the National Hispanic Science Network on Drugs of Abuse
- 2015 Faculty Mentor Award given by the UTEP College of Undergraduate Research Initiatives
- 2012 Outstanding Performer in securing extramural funding given by the UTEP Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
- 2008 Outstanding Performer in securing extramural funding given by the UTEP Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
- 2008 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE).
- 2006 Outstanding Young Investigator in The College of Liberal Arts
- Animal Models
- Drugs and Behavior
- Ethics and Professional Development
- Grant Writing
|1992 - 1997||Ph.D., Graduate Student, Arizona State University ‐ Psychology|
The University of Texas at El Paso
Department of Psychology
500 West University
El Paso, TX 79968
Review papers (11)
Enhanced vulnerability to tobacco use in persons with diabetes: A ...
Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology (2015)
Tobacco use significantlymagnifies the negative health complications associatedwith diabetes. Although tobacco use is strongly discouraged in personswith diabetes, clinical evidence ...
Alcohol papers (9)
Nicotine papers (17)
Insulin-resistant rats display enhanced nicotine reward following a high-fat diet ...
Drug and Alcohol Dependence (2014)
Tobacco use among persons displaying type II diabetes exponentially increases negative health consequences and mortality rates. Especially troubling, diabetic persons ...