|Present||Professor, Physical Therapy, St. Catherine University ‐ Physical Therapy Department|
|2019 - Present||Pediatric Oncology Rehabilitation Research|
|2017 - 2021||Development of a Neuropathy Assessment for Children Aged 1-4 Years|
|St. Baldricks Foundation|
|2012 - 2017||Predictors of Persistent Vincristine Neuropathy in Pediatric Cancer|
|American Cancer Society|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|Present||Senior Editor, Rehabilitation Oncology||2015 - 2017||Delegate for Minnesota, American Physical Therapy Association, House of Delegates||2011 - 2015||Board Member, Oncology Section, American Physical Therapy Association||2007 - 2010||Delegate for Minnesota, American Physical Therapy Association, House of Delegates|
Honors and Awards
- Stephen Gudas Award for Outstanding Publication in Rehabilitation Oncology , 2017 Oncology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Bonnie Jean Kelly and Joan Kelly Award for Faculty Excellence, 2015 St. Catherine University’s highest award to recognize a faculty member whose activities bring recognition to the academic reputation of St. Catherine University
- Research Award, 2014 Oncology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. Recognized for contribution to the field of oncology rehabilitation research
- Stephen Gudas Award for Outstanding Publication in Rehabilitation Oncology , 2010 Oncology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Emerging Leader Award, 2007 American Physical Therapy Association Recognized as one of 25 emerging leaders in the nation among physical therapists.
|1998||BS, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota ‐ Physical Therapy|
|1996||Ph.D, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota ‐ Neuroscience|
|1990||BS, Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin, Magna Cum Laude ‐ Biology|
Assessment of Pediatric Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy Using a New Patient-Reported ...
Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing (2021)
Background: Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN) is commonly experienced by children receiving neurotoxic chemotherapy. No validated pediatric CIPN patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures ...
Proactive Rehabilitation for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
Seminars in Oncology Nursing (2020)
Objective: To review assessment and management approaches for chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy-related physical function deficits.Data sources: Peer-reviewed articles from PubMed, Ovid MEDLINE, CINAHL ...