|2015 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning, College of Education, Georgia Southern University ‐ Department of Teaching & Learning|
|2015 ‐ Present||Affiliate, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Graduate Research Award UNCG School of Education (2013-2014)
- Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction
- National Graduate Scholar
- Charles Paul Conn Senior Award (2003)
- Lee Univeristy Biology Department Senior Award (2003)
- Tribeta Biological Honor Society Charter President
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities
- Kappa Delta Pi National Honor Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- National Dean’s List
- Baush and Lamb Bronze Medal for Scientific Achievement
- Introduction to Middle and Secondary Schools (MSED 6120)
- Middle and Secondary Schools Practicum (MSED 6123)
- Supervised Internship: Secondary (SCED 6799)
- Supervised Internship: Middle Grades (MGED 6799)
PO Box 8134
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-2212
Office: Education 4140
"Unthinkable" Selves: Identity Boundary Work in a Summer Field Ecology ...
International Journal of Science Education (2015)
The historical under-representation of diverse youth in environmental science education is inextricably connected to access and identity-related issues. Many diverse ...
Research Presentations (13)
Promoting Identity Boundary Work in a Summer Field Ecology Enrichment ...
Paper presented by Carlone at American Educational Research Association (2014)
Objectives and Theoretical Framework: This paper describes diverse high school youth’s identity work in an NSF-sponsored field science summer program ...