|Present||Adjunct Lecturer on Education, Harvard University|
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, Higher Education Policy, Student Engagement and Learning Outcomes, Campus Climate and Culture, Strategic Planning and Management, and Qualitative Research Methods
Honors and Awards
- 2012 American Educational Research Association, Doctoral Education Across the Disciplines (#168) SIG, Outstanding Dissertation Award – Honorable Mention
- 2010-2011 Phi Delta Kappa International Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award Finalist; Selected for “Recognition of Merit”
- 2010 American Psychological Association Division 27, Society for Community Research and Action - Community Psychology: Emory L. Cowen Dissertation Award for the Promotion of Wellness – Runner-Up
- Critical Race Theory in Education
- Experiences Across the Spectrum: A Qualitative Research Clinic
- Access and Equity in Higher Education
- Student Engagement in Higher Education
- Introduction to Doctoral Studies
- Comparative International/Global Higher Education
Independent study: How three doctoral students tackled issues recruiting participants ...
Journal of Critical Thought and Praxis (2015)
Studying historically underrepresented populations can be challenging, especially for doctoral students or early career scholars, who have often been taught ...
Contributions to Books (2)
Contribution to Book
At the intersection of race and class: An autoethnographic study ...
College students’ experiences with power and marginality: Sharing spaces and negotiating differences (2015)
The positioning of Asian Pacific Islander and Desi Americans students as overrepresented, "model minorities” or akin to Whites in education ...
Contribution to Book
Disaggregating qualitative data on Asian Americans in campus climate research ...
Conducting research on Asian Americans in higher education: New Directions for Institutional Research (2009)
The disaggregation of qualitative data can provide a more nuanced understanding of the diverse experiences within the Asian American student ...