|2006 - 2008||The Western Washington University Teaching Partnership Project: Improving Teacher Education in Linguistics through Partner Teaching and Curriculum Design|
|National Science Foundation|
|Colleague(s): Anne Lobeck|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2015 - Present||Linguistics Program Director, Western Washington University||2017 - 2019||English Department, Advisory Committee, Western Washington University||2016 - 2019||Faculty Senate, Western Washington University||2015 - 2016||Libraries Task Force, Western Washington University||2012 - 2013||Academic Coordinating Commission, Western Washington University|
Honors and Awards
- Community Engagement Fellow, WWU, 2017-18
- Sustainability Fellow. Faculty member selected for Sustainability Workshops, winter and spring 2016.
- Faculty member selected for Internationalizing the Curriculum Workshops, winter and spring 2015.
- Western Washington University Summer Teaching Grant, 2014.
- Western Washington University Summer Teaching Grant, 2014. Faculty Development Summer Grant Award recipient, Center for Instructional Innovation, summer 2013.
- Nominated for the Linguistic Society of America’s prestigious Leonard Bloomfield Book Award for Linguistics for Everyone: An Introduction.
- Professional Leave, fall 2006-winter 2007
- academic year 2013-14 Western Washington University Summer Teaching Grant, 2002, 2005, 2014 Western Washington University Summer Research Grant, 2001, 2010
|1997||Ph.D., University of Washington ‐ Linguistics|
|1992||M.A., University of Arizona ‐ Linguistics|
|1989||B.A., Swarthmore College ‐ Linguistics, French|
Office: Humanities 341, Western Washington University
Phone: (360) 650-3217
Other Refereed Publications (11)
Contribution to Book
Teaching Students about Language Change, Language Endangerment, and Language Death
Language in the Schools: Integrating Linguistic Knowledge into K-12 Teaching (2005)
Language in the Schools: Integrating Linguistic Knowledge Into K-12 Teaching addresses two important questions:*What aspects of linguistic knowledge are most useful ...