|Present||Assistant Professor, Clinical Program, Saint Louis University|
Honors and Awards
- Faculty for the 21st Century, Project Kaleidoscope, 2007
- Phi Kappa Phi, 2007
- Athena Award, McLean County Chamber of Commerce
- Nelson Mandela Award, Illinois Wesleyan University Student Senate, 2006
- Jeffrey S. Tanaka Memorial Dissertation Award in Psychology, Honorable Mention, American Psychological Association Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs, 2005
- Marquis and Rackham Distinguished Dissertation Award, Clinical Area Nominee, 2004
- Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, September 2001 - August 2004
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2000
- Rotary International, Cultural Ambassadorial Scholar, West African District, 2000
African American College Students’ Experience of Racial Discrimination and the ...
Journal of College Student Development (2010)
The current study examines the relationship between racial discrimination and depressive symptoms. In particular, it investigated whether college hassles moderated ...
The Influence of Hope on the Relationship between Racial Discrimination ...
Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development (2008)
This study investigated how hope influences the relationship between discrimination and depressive symptoms. Results from participants’ (N=318) responses suggest that ...
Gender, Ethnicity and Depression: Intersectionality in Mental Health Research with ...
African American Research Perspectives (2002)
This review synthesizes the current knowledge regarding African American women and depression. After highlighting major findings related to the epidemiology, ...
Contributions to Books (2)
Analyzing the Dynamics of Race with Information & Visual Literacy
ACRL Arts Section / Instruction Section, American Library Association Annual Conference (2007)
This session will focus on the collaboration between a librarian and professor of psychology for a seminar, “Psychology of Racism.” ...