|Present||Associate Professor of Higher Education, University of Maryland at College Park|
|Present||Co-Director University of Maryland ADVANCE, University of Maryland at College Park|
Academic Reward Systems, Faculty Professional Growth and Careers, and Faculty Civic and Community Engagement
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Woman of the Year, University of Maryland, (2013).
- Graduate Mentor of the Year Award, University of Maryland, (2012)
- Early Career Research Award, International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement, (2008)
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award, School of Education, University of Massachusetts Amherst, (2003)
- Emerging Leader Award, National Society for Experiential Education, (1998)
Journal Articles (17)
Motivation for Faculty Community Engagement: Learning from Exemplars
Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement (2008)
This explorative study examines the motivations of sixty- eight faculty exemplars in community engagement. Analysis of personal narrative essays reveals ...
Faculty Role Integration and Community Engagement: Harmony or Cacophony?
M ichigan Journal of Community Service Learning (2007)
Colleges and universities that aim to sustain or expand community partnerships and institutionalize civic engagement face important faculty challenges. Faculty ...
Stepping Up: How One Faculty Learning Community Influenced Faculty Members ...
Journal on Excellence in College Teaching (2007)
The author assesses what effects the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Teacher Education Collaborative (STEMTEC) Faculty Fellows learning community program ...
Preparing Future Faculty for Community Engagement: Barriers, Facilitators, Models, and ...
Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement (2006)
This article considers the historical and current national context for integrating community engagement into graduate education. While it might be ...