|Present||Professor of Sociology, Butler University ‐ Department of Sociology & Criminology|
Honors and Awards
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, Outstanding Faculty Award, 2003
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, Outstanding Faculty in the Social Sciences Award, 2011
- Apple for You Outstanding Teaching Award, 2012, 2013
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, Outstanding Teaching Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2016
- Introductory Sociology
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Research Methods
- Crime and Society
- Social Psychology
- Sociology of Mental Illness
- Mental Illness and the Criminal Justice System
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Perceived Drinking Norms, Attention to Social Comparison Information, and Alcohol ...
Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education (2001)
Numerous studies indicate that normative campus drinking practices are important in determining college undergraduates’ use and abuse of alcohol. The ...
The Effects of Role-taking and Embarrassability on Undergraduate Drinking: Some ...
Journal of Social Behavior and Personality (2000)
This paper focuses on the relationship between role-taking, affect, and alcohol use among college undergraduates. Role-taking is the process through ...