|2002 - Present||Georgia Cancer Coalition Distinguished Cancer Scholar, Georgia Southern University|
|2000 - Present||Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|Present||Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Environmental Health Sciences, Department of|
Honors and Awards
- Metropolitan ASQC Section (Deming Conference) Meritorious Service Award (1986)
- Candidate, Vice President, DIA (1988)
- Metropolitan ASQC Section (Deming Conference) Meritorious Service Award (1989)
- Fellow, American Statistical Association, (1990)
- Star Alumnus, School of Basic Sciences, Medical College of Virginia (1991)
- Drug Information Association Meritorious Service Award (1991)
- Metropolitan ASQC Section Meritorious Service Award (1992)
- Featured Alumnus, School of Basic Sciences, Medical College of Virginia (1993)
- Alumnus of the Year: Allen Paulson College of Science and Technology, Georgia Southern University (1996)
- Alumnus of the Year: Private Enterprise, Georgia Southern University (2003)
- President’s Special Recognition Award, ICSA (June 2004)
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Philippine Statistical Association (December 16, 2004)
- Georgia Southern University’s Greatest Benefactor (2004)
- Certificate of Recognition, Georgia Cancer Coalition (May 7, 2004)
- First Recipient of the President’s Medal for Outstanding and Meritorious Contributions to Georgia Southern University (April 2005)
- Recipient of the Founder’s Society Medal for Outstanding and Meritorious Contributions to the Medical College of Virginia (May 2005)
- Member, Scientific Review Committee, GA-CORE of GCC (2005)
- Meritorious Service Award: Biopharmaceutical Applied Statistics Symposium (2006)
- Senior Scientific Adviser, Southwest Georgia Cancer Coalition (2006-2009)
- JPHCOPH Outstanding Researcher Award, Georgia Southern University (April 2007)
- Certificate of Appreciation, Southwest Georgia Cancer Coalition (August 17, 2007)
- Meritorious Service Award, Southwest Georgia Cancer Coalition (August 17, 2007)
- APHA Statistics Section Award for contributions to the Pharmaceutical Industry, American Public Health Association (November 6, 2007)
- Deen Day Smith Service to Mankind Award (March 25, 2008)
- Shining Star Award by the Georgia State Legislature for contributions to biostatistics and public health in the State of Georgia (March 27, 2008)
- Georgia House Resolution HR #2118: Georgia General Assembly recognizes Dr. Karl E. Peace as a Distinguished Georgian (April 04, 2008)
- Contributions of Karl E. Peace to the field of statistics: Statistics Newsletter, CRC Press (July, 2008).
- Editor: Journal of the Philippine Statistical Association, Oct., 2008 – 2011
- Recipient of the Academic Year 2008-2009 Award in Excellence in Research and/or Creative Scholarly Activity, Georgia Southern University
- Recipient of the Tito Mijares Life Time Achievement Award, Philippine Statistical Association, Dec. 5, 2008
- Cited by the US House of Representatives for contributions to drug research and development, public health, and professional service: US Congressional Record, Page E2195 (September 08, 2009)
- Chair Elect, APHA Statistics Section 2009 - 2010
- Program Chair, APHA Statistics Section 2009 - 2010
- Chair, APHA Statistics Section 2010 - 2011
- Board of Directors Advisory Committee, Southwest Georgia Cancer Coalition (2010 - )
- Co-Chair, Capital Campaign: Boys and Girls Club of Bulloch County, GA, personally matched Donations from the local community (2010 - )
- Distinguished Service Award, Deming Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, Dec. 6, 2010
- GSU President’s Reception honoring contributions of Karl E. Peace to Georgia Southern University and unveiling Portrait of Dr. Peace to hang in Hendricks Hall, home of The Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, July 28, 2011
- Karl E Peace Center for Academic Advancement, Bulloch County Boys & Girls Clubs, Statesboro, GA, dedicated August 30, 2011
- Subject of the Karl E. Peace Award for Outstanding Statistical Contributions for the Betterment of Society: the American Statistical Association, established 2012
- USG Foundation Board of Trustees 2012 Regent’s Hall of Fame Alumni Award, March 31, 2012
- Delta Omega chapter Karl E. Peace Leadership Award, May 1, 2012
- Special Presidential Award for Service: International Chinese Statistical Association, June, 2012
- Special recognition from the Statistics Profession for contributions to the profession and to statistical education, November, 2013
- Recipient, GPHA Sellers-McCroan Award for Improving Public Health through academic and laboratory advancement, March, 2014
- Inducted into the Gamma Theta Chapter of the Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health at Georgia Southern University’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, April, 2014
- Editor (2014 - ): Austin Biometrics and Biostatistics Journal
- Subject of “Extraordinary Journey” featured in Legacy Brochure, Randolph-Macon College, May, 2015
- Commencement Speaker: “Fruits and Labors of a Purpose Driven Life.: Biostatistics Graduates, VCU School of Medicine, Richmond, VA May 08, 2015.
- Clinical Trials Methodology (BIOS 7231)
- Statistical Issues in Drug Research and Development (BIOS 7431)
- Advanced Clinical Trial Methods (BIOS 7433)
|1976||Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Medical College of Virginia|
|1964||M.S. in Mathematics, Clemson University|
|1963||B.S. in Chemistry, Georgia Southern University|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-7905
Office: Hendricks Hall
Journal Publications (92)
A Comparison of Size and Power of Tests of Hypotheses ...
Communications for Statistical Application and Methods (2015)
This study compares two generalized Lindley distributions and assesses consistency between theoretical and analytical results. Data (complete and censored) assumed ...
Inequalities and Approximations of Weighted Distributions by Lindley Reliability Measures ...
International Journal of Statistics and Probability (2015)
In this note, stochastic comparisons and results for weighted and Lindley models are presented. Approximation of weighted distributions via Lindley ...
Causality Is Logically Definable-Toward an Equilibrium-Based Computing Paradigm of Quantum ...
Journal of Quantum Information Science (2014)
A survey on agents, causality and intelligence is presented and an equilibrium-based computing paradigm of quantum agents and quantum intelligence ...
Spline Nonparametric Quasi-likelihood Regression within the Frame of the Accelerated ...
Computational Statistics and Data Analysis (2012)
The accelerated failure time model provides direct physical interpretation for right censored data. However, the homogeneity of variance assumption of ...
MentalSquares − A Generic Bipolar Support Vector Machine for Mental Disorder ...
International Journal of Data Mining and Bioinformatics (2011)
MentalSquares (MSQs) – an equilibrium-based dimensional approach is presented for the classification and diagnostic analysis of psychological conditions with Bipolar ...
On Truth, Uncertainty, Equilibrium and Harmony — A Taxonomy for YinYang ...
New Mathematics and Natural Computation (2008)
Although modern scientific and technological advances derive computational power primarily from the classical evidence-based bottom-up cognition as founded by Greek ...
YinYang Dynamic Neurobioological Modeling and Diagnostic Analysis of Major Depressive ...
IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (2007)
Since millions suffer from major depressive and bipolar disorders, the modeling, characterization, classification, and diagnostic analysis of such mental disorders ...