|Present||Assistant Professor (1988-1993), University of Manitoba School of Law|
|Present||Associate Professor (1993-2000), University of Manitoba School of Law|
|Present||Federal Court of Canada (Appeal Division). Research Assistant to the Rules Committee (1986-1987). Law clerk to all judges (September 1984-March 1985); Mr. Justices Heald and Urie (April 1985 to August 1986)., Academic and Professional History|
|Present||Professor (2000-present), University of Manitoba School of Law|
|Present||Visiting Professor, Faculty of Law, Bond University, Australia (2005), Academic and Professional History|
Constitutional Law, Human Rights and Equality Law, Civil Procedure, Administrative Law, and Law and Women's Studies
Honors and Awards
- YMCA-YWCA Woman of Distinction Award (Business and the Professions) (2007)
- Manitoba Bar Association “Pro Bono” Award (2005).
- Canadian Bar Association’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Conference “Hero” Award (2004).
- LAMBDA Magic “Community Changer” Award (2002).
- Nominated for a Governor General’s Award in Commemoration of The Persons Case (2001).
- University of Manitoba Community Outreach Award (1996).
- Constitutional Law
- Gender and the Law
- Administrative Law
- Intensive Administrative Law
- Legal Methods
- Women, the State and the Law (Arts, Women's Studies) (1991, 1992, 1994).
- General Principles of Procedural Fairness. (40 hour course in the Municipal Administrators Certificate Course (Management Studies, Continuing Education Division) held in January and February 1997.)
- Frequent guest speaker in Sociology, Women's Studies, Philosophy, Political Studies, Economics, Fine Arts, and Anthropology classes on topics such as feminist theory, pornography, violence against women, queer issues, and feminism and social change.
Faculty of Law
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Canada, R3T 2N2
This author has not uploaded works yet.