|Present||Associate Professor, University of South Florida ‐ School of Information|
- LIS 5937 Search Engine Society and Digital Natives (special topic)
- LIS 6711 Organization of Knowledge I
- LIS 6726 Indexing & Abstracting
- LIS 6316 Visualization of Knowledge
- LIS 6271 Research Methods in Library and Information Science
Office: CIS 2017
Visual Information Seeking Behaviors & Retrieval; Visual communication & Visualization (13)
Understanding Image Needs in Daily Life by Analyzing Questions in ...
Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (2011)
Compared with search queries, which are usually composed of a few keywords, natural language questions can demonstrate detailed information needs ...
Utilizing Quantitative Users' Reactions to Represent Affective Meanings of an ...
Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (2010)
Emotional meaning is critical for users to retrieve relevant images. However, because emotional meanings are subject to the individual viewer's ...