Patient safety and quality, Prevention of healthcare-associated infections, Public health law, Health policy and management, Health law and ethics, Healthcare governance, Healthcare-associated infections reporting requirements, Drug diversion in healthcare settings, Concussions in youth sports, Gun violence, and Opioid abuse
Honors and Awards
- Nominee, Dean's Student Advisory Committee Mentoring Award, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University (2015)
- Faculty Development Award for Course Development, Georgia Southern University (2016)
- Nominee, Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring Award, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University (2016)
- Nominee, Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring Award, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University (2017)
- Health Law Research Methods (PUBH 7890)
- Healthcare Governance Research (PUBH 7890)
- Drug Diversion in Healthcare Settings (HSPM 7890)
- Public Health Law Research (HSPM 7235)
- Practicum in Public Health (PUBH 7790)
- Doctoral Preceptorship in Public Health (PUBH 9790)
- Health Economics Policy and the Political Process (PUBH 8134)
- Healthcare Law and Ethics (HSPM 7235)
- Health Policy and Management (PUBH 6534)
- Healthcare Governance (HSPM 7333)
- Directed Individual Study (PUBH 7890)
|2010||Ph.D. in Public Health Management, Health Policy and Community Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston|
|1995||M.P.H. in Health Services Organizations, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston|
|1993||J.D. in Health and Environmental Law, University of Houston|
|1990||B.S. in Health Education, Lamar University|
|1979||A.A.S. in Dental Hygiene, Coastal Bend College|
P.O. Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-1342
Office: Hendricks Hall
Peer Reviewed Journals (15)
State Law Mandates for Reporting of Healthcare-Associated Clostridium difficile Infections ...
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology (2015)
US state and territorial laws were reviewed to identify Clostridium difficile infection reporting mandates. Twenty states require reporting either under ...
Laws Pertaining to Healthcare-Associated Infections: A Review of Three Legal ...
Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology (2012)
We reviewed US state and territorial healthcare-associated infection (HAI) laws, specifically addressing 3 legal requirements: data submission, reporting of data ...
Variation in Public Reporting of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections by ...
American Journal of Medical Quality (2011)
Central line–associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs) are common, costly, and largely preventable. Consumers who want high-quality care should have access to ...
Book Chapters (2)
The Impact of State Mandated Healthcare-Associated Infection Reporting on Infection ...
IDWeek Annual Conference (2014)
Background: In addition to federally mandated reporting, most US states have adopted legislation requiring hospitals to submit healthcare-associated infection (HAI) ...
Legislative Mandates for Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infection Reporting and ...
Academy Health Annual Research Meeting (ARM) (2014)
Research Objective: To determine the association between legislative mandates for reporting central line-associated blood stream infections (CLABSIs) and adherence with ...