|Present||SHS Division Chair and Professor, University of Washington Tacoma ‐ School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- University of Washington Royalty Research Fund Grant, 2012.
- Chancellor's Research Fund, University of Washington, Tacoma, 2007.
- Rockefeller Archive Center, Grant-in-Aid, 2005.
- Fund for Innovation and Redesign, University of Washington (for a university-wide digital image collection), 2004.
- National Endowment for the Humanities, Summer Stipend, 2001.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Washington, Tacoma, 2000
- Phi Beta Kappa, Pomona College, 1987.
- THIST 470 The Material World: Art and Artifacts
- THIST 430 Introduction to Public History
- THIST 379 Modern Architecture
- THIST 377 Art of the Americas
- THIST 226 American Architecture
- THIST 200 American History I: 1607-1877
|1993||Ph.D, Yale University ‐ History of Art|
|1990||M.Phil, Yale University ‐ History of Art|
|1988||M.A., Yale University ‐ History of Art|
|1987||B.A., Pomona College ‐ History of Art|
Room: GWP 418