About Julie D. Deardorff, M.L.I.S.
Julie is responsible for collection development and management at the Centennial Library and supervises the Collection Services Department. She works closely with faculty to determine which resources should be acquired for the library, reviews all new courses and programs for library implications, and serves on the university curriculum committees. She is also the coordinator of Cedarville's Library Science Career Program, which provides assistance for undergraduates who are considering becoming librarians. Julie is a member of the American Library Association (ALA), the Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO), and the Association of Christian Librarians (ACL). She has presented at ALAO and ACL conferences and served as chair of ALAO's Collection Management Interest Group. Julie has worked at Cedarville University since 1996.
Honors and Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa, Gettysburg College - 1990
- Magna cum Laude, Gettysburg College - 1990
- Beta Phi Mu International Library and Information Studies Honor Society, University of Rhode Island - 1994
- Centennial Library Certificate of Recognition for Distinctive Service - 2000, 2002, 2007
- Centennial Library Staff Achievement & Recognition (StAR) Award - 2013
- Independent Study: Library Science Internship
- Independent Study: Academic Libraries
- The English Novel
Contribution to Books (1)
Library Careers: Promoting Librarianship to Undergraduates Academic Library Association of Ohio 40th Annual Conference (2014)
Library career guidance for undergraduates is not connected to any particular undergraduate major or academic department. The university library can play an important role in promoting library science as a career and in mentoring undergraduate ...
Working with Faculty to Build Collections Academic Library Association of Ohio 40th Annual Conference (2014)
This panel will address the different ways in which libraries are connecting and collaborating with their faculty to build print and electronic collections. Panelists will discuss experiences, including successes and challenges, from a variety of ...