Honors and Awards
- 2011 - Boise State University Foundation Scholar Research/Creative Activity Award Finalist
- 2006-2009 National Science Foundation, Continuing Grant: Home, Hearth, and Household in the Siberian and Northern Canada
- 2009-2010 Fulbright Visiting Chair in North American Studies at the University of Calgary
- 2016 Foundation Scholar Award - Research and Creative Activity, Boise State University Founation
- Medical Anthropology
- Sex and Gender: An Ethnological Approach
- Synchronic Methods in Anthropology
Microdemographics and Indigenous Identity in the Central Taimyr Lowlands
Indigenous Peoples and Demography: The Complex Relation between Identity and Statistics (2011)
Identity systems in indigenous and small-scale societies are known to include kinship and marriage systems, exchange networks and larger solidarities, ...
Conference Presentations (7)
Reproductive Decision Making in Ust’-Avam, Siberia: Fertility Decline as ...
27th Annual Conference of the Human Behavior & Evolution Society (2015)
Like many former Soviet and Eastern European countries, the Dolgan and Nganasan community of Ust’-Avam, Siberia, experienced a rapid decline ...
Food Sharing Networks, Variation in Capital, and the Evolution of ...
112th Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association (2013)
Social networks of Siberian hunter-fisher-trappers are analyzed with independent social and economic variables. The analysis is relevant to hypotheses about ...
Violent Death in Northern Siberia: Application of Evolutionary Hypotheses
Third Annual Barbara L. and Norman C. Tanner Center for Nonviolent Human Rights Advocacy Forum, [Salt Lake City, UT] (2009)
Ust-Avam is an indigenous community of 500 individuals north of the Arctic Circle on the Taimyr Peninsula in Siberia (Russia). ...