|Present||Faculty Member, Western Washington University|
|Present||Chair, Department of Environmental Sciences, Western Washington University ‐ Huxley College of the Environment|
Honors and Awards
- The Nature Conservancy. Restoration monitoring in the Stillaguamish Delta. August 2013 – July 2014. $104,405
- NEERS. Pacific Northwest Coastal Blue Carbon Working Group: Phase 1 Project Scoping for Quantifying Carbon Storage and Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Pacific Northwest Coastal Wetlands. May 2013 – Nov. 2013. $14,504
- The Nature Conservancy. Sediment accretion monitoring in Port Susan Bay. March 2011 – July 2011. $12,567
- State of Louisiana, Office of Coastal Protection and Management. Predicting Restoration and Protection Project Effects to Support Use of a Prioritization Tool for the 2012 Master Plan Update: Wetland Morphology Module. July, 2010 – March 2012. $16,800
- Environmental Protection Agency STAR. Sustainable Coastal Habitat Restoration in the Pacific Northwest: Modeling and managing the effects, feedbacks, and risks associated with climate change. April 2007 – April 2012. $843,000
Phone: (360) 650-2081
Office: ES336, MS9181
Contributions to Books (16)
Contribution to Book
Using Natural Wetlands for Municipal Effluent Assimilation: A Half-Century of ...
Multifunctional Wetlands: Pollution Abatement and Other Ecological Services from Natural and Constructed Wetlands (2018)
An assimilation wetland is a natural (non-constructed) wetland into which secondarily-treated, disinfected, non-toxic municipal effluent is discharged. In the Mississippi ...