|Present||Associate Professor, East Tennessee State University ‐ Pharmacy Practice, Gatton College of Pharmacy|
|2011 - 2012||Prescription Stimulant Use by Health Science Students|
|East Tennessee State University Research Development Committee|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2014 - Present||Peer Reviewer, Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning||2012 - Present||Member of Editorial Board and Peer Reviewer, Home Health Care Management and Practice||2011 - Present||Peer Reviewer, American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy||2010 - Present||Member of Editorial Board and Peer Reviewer, American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine||2009 - Present||Member, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy||2008 - Present||Member, Hematology and Oncology Pharmacist Association||2004 - Present||President, Rho Chi Pharmacy Honor Society||2018 - 2019||Vice Chair, Abstract Review Sub-Committee, Hematology and Oncology Pharmacist Association Annual Conference|
Honors and Awards
- 2004 - Purdue University College of Pharmacy President's Council
- 2006 - H. George DeKay Professionalism Award Selection Committee
- 2009 - Platform Presentation Award, HOPA Annual Meeting
- 2010-2011 - Outstanding Teacher, ETSU Gatton College of Pharmacy Class of 2012
- 2016-2017 - Outstanding Teacher, ETSU Gatton College of Pharmacy Class of 2018
- PMPR 711 - Advanced Oncology Pharmacy Elective
- PMIN 5210 - Immunology Hematology Oncology Pharmacy (IHOP)
|2008 - 2009||Oncology Pharmacy Residency, Medical University of South Carolina|
|2007 - 2008||Pharmacy Residency, Medical University of South Carolina|
|2007 - 2008||Academician Preparation Program, Medical University of South Carolina|
|2007||PharmD, Purdue University|
PO Box 70657
Johnson City, TN 37614
Office: Building 7, Room 310 Maple Ave.
Phone: (423) 429-6757
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles (18)
Student Performance in a Pharmacotherapy Oncology Module Before and After ...
American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2016)
Objective. To determine if a flipped classroom improved student examination performance in a pharmacotherapy oncology module. Design. Third-year pharmacy students ...
Incidence of Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (vre) Infection in High-Risk Febrile Neutropenic ...
Supportive Care in Cancer (2011)
Purpose: This study seeks to determine the incidence of vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) infection in high-risk neutropenic fever patients colonized with ...
Peer-reviewed Book Chapters (1)
Peer-reviewed Case Studies (1)
Opinions, Editorials, and Letters (3)
Invited Presentations (5)
Thyroid Dysfunction with Targeted Chemotherapy Agents
American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Annual Meeting (2012)
1. Evaluate the mechanisms by which hyperglycemia and hypothyroidism occur in patients on certain targeted chemotherapy agents.2. Develop treatment recommendations ...