|2015 - Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2010 - Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Professions, Waters College of|
|Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Sciences and Kinesiology, Department of|
Health, Physical education and training, Interdisciplinary STEM, Rural Education, Autonomy supportive teaching, Sport coaching, Concussion diagnostics, Obesity bias, Early sport specialization, Burnout, Enhancing student or athlete motivation, Coaching education, Psychological response to injury, Scholarship of teaching and learning, Concussion diagnostics, and Motives for physical activity
Honors and Awards
- Nominee, Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Health and Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Nominee, Young Scholar Award, Georgia Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (2014)
- Nominee, Taylor Dodson Young Professional Award, Southern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, and Dance (2014, 2015)
- Winner, Excellence in Scholarship Award, College of Health and Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University (2016)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Award, Georgia Southern University (2017)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Award, University System of Georgia, Board of Regents (2018)
- Fitness Walking (KINS 1218)
- Healthful Living (HLTH 1520)
- Psychology of Coaching (KINS 3431)
- Research Methods in Sport Coaching (KINS 6132)
- Supervision of Student Teachers (ESED 5799)
- Advanced Research Methods in Kinesiology (KINS 4899)
- Motor Control (KINS 3230)
- Health and Physical Education in Early Childhood Teaching (HLTH 3530)
- Life Span Motor Development (KINS 3435)
- Research Methods in Kinesiology (KINS 3130)
- Bowling (KINS 1115)
- First Year Experience: Motivation 101 (FYE 1220)
- Research Design in Kinesiology (KINS 6130)
- Data Analysis in Kinesiology (KINS 6131)
|2007 - 2010||Ph.D. in Physical Education Teacher Education, University of South Carolina|
|2003 - 2005||M.S. in Exercise and Sport Science, University of Florida|
|1999 - 2003||B.S. in Exercise and Sport Science, University of Florida|
P.O. Box 8076
Statesboro, GA 30460
Office: Hollis Building – Room 1101B
Book Chapters (1)
Articles in Refereed Journals (28)
Comparison of Psychological Response Between Concussion and Musculoskeletal Injury in ...
Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology (2017)
The psychological response to musculoskeletal injuries has been well documented; however, research on the psychological response to concussion is limited. ...
No Relationship between Concussion History and Functional Movement Screen Performance
Athletic Training and Sports Health Care (2015)
Healthy young adults with a history of multiple concussions appear to adopt conservative postural control strategies during instrumented balance assessments. ...
Nutrition Knowledge and Patterns among Parents of Young Children in ...
Journal of Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2014)
Background: Many factors influence young children’s eating habits, including family, peers, media, and environment. However, research supports that the most ...
Autonomy Support in Physical Education Teaching: Connections to Best Practices
Journal of Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2013)
The article discusses autonomy-supportive teaching and its use in a physical education setting. Particular focus is given to the behaviors ...