|Present||Assistant Professor, University of Washington Tacoma ‐ School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Top Paper Award, International and Intercultural Communication Division of the National Communication Association (NCA) 99th Annual Conference
- 2007, Best Thesis Award for Qualitative Research, Graduate school conference held by Korean Association of Broadcasting & Telecommunication Studies
- TGH 302 Global Imaginations
- TCOM 461 Media and Identity in Asia
- TCOM 230 Media Globalization and Citizenship
|2013||Ph.D, University of Texas at Austin ‐ Media Studies|
|2007||M.A., Yonsei University ‐ Visual Communication|
|2005||B.A., Sogang University ‐ English Literature|
Book Chapters (1)
Contribution to Book
Imagining Homeland: New Media Use Among Korean International Graduate Students ...
Mediated Intercultural Communication in a Digital Age (2019)
The massive movement of people across national borders is a key feature of contemporary globalization, along with the compression of ...
Transforming Korea Into a Multicultural Society: Reception of Multiculturalism Discourse ...
Asian Ethnicity (2012)
Since 2005, multicultural-based words such as multicultural society, multicultural family, and multicultural education have grown explosively in Korean society. Due ...