|2015 - Present||Assistant Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology ‐ Psychological Science|
|2014 - 2015||Visiting Assistant Professor, Colgate University ‐ Psychology|
|2013 - 2014||Research Analyst, Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline Computing Research Association|
Honors and Awards
- Teaching Resources Award from the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI), 2020
- Association for Psychological Science, Research Grant, 2019
- Missouri S&T, Educational Research Mini-Grant, 2019
- Missouri S&T, Diversity and Inclusion Research Grant, 2018
- Missouri S&T, Early Career Faculty Professional Development Grant, 2018-2019
- University of Missouri System, Affordable and Open Education Resources Initiative Award, 2018-2019
- Missouri S&T, Freshman Year Research Experience Faculty Advisor, 2017-2019
- University of Missouri System, Faculty Scholar, 2016-2017
- Colgate University, Discretionary Research Grant, 2014-2015
- The Pennsylvania State University Department of Psychology, Research Grant, 2013
- APA Div. 35 Geis Memorial Dissertation Award, Honorable Mention, 2012
- SPSP Summer Institute in Social Psychology Fellowship, 2011
- Psych 5603: Advanced Social Influence
- PSYCH 5600: Advanced Social Psychology
- PSYCH 4993: Psychology of Gender
- PSYCH 4600: Social Psychology
- PSYCH 1101: General Psychology
|2013||Ph.D. in Social Psychology and Women’s Studies, The Pennsylvania State University|
|2009||M.S. in Social Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University|
|2006||B.A. in Psychology, University of Texas|
Department of Psychological Science
Missouri University of Science and Technology
115 Humanities and Social Sciences
500 W 14th St
Rolla, MO 65409
Conference Presentations/Symposia (2)
Course Materials (1)
Research Works (12)
Good Intentions Are Not Enough: Assessing a Gender Bias Literacy ...
Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering (2020)
Interventions to educate about and reduce gender bias in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), though well-intended, may backfire. Rigorous ...
Identity -- Safe or Threatening? Perceptions of Women-Targeted Diversity Initiatives
Group Processes and Intergroup Relations (2018)
One strategy for addressing gender disparities in STEM and leadership focuses on women-targeted diversity initiatives, such as women’s networking groups ...
Contribution to Book
Subtle Barriers and Bias in STEM: How Stereotypes Constrain Women ...
The War on Women in the United States: Beliefs, Tactics and the Best Defenses (2018)
Dr. Cundiff’s chapter reviews the evidence of powerful influence of stereotypes on our self-concepts and behaviors, examining how these stereotypes ...
Do Gender-Science Stereotypes Predict Science Identification and Science Career Aspirations ...
Social Psychology of Education (2013)
The present research examined whether gender-science stereotypes were associated with science identification and, in turn, science career aspirations among women ...