|Present||Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies, Kennesaw State University|
|Present||Associate Professor of International Conflict Management, Kennesaw State University ‐ School of Conflict Management, Peacebuilding and Development|
|Present||College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Kennesaw State University|
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, The Global Art and Ideas Nexus (GAIN)
- Hosea Williams Award for Community Activism
- Presidential Diversity Award
- Principles of Sociology
- Race and Ethnicity
- Race and Ethnicity in the Middle East and its Diasporas
- Emerging Social Issues in Contemporary Africa
- Walter Rodney and the Pan-African Groundings: Underdevelopment and Social Justice, Past and Present
- Identities and Social Groups: From Epistemology to Ethnography/Praxis
- Identities and Social Conflicts
Representation in Kenya, Its Diaspora, and Academia: Colonial Legacies in ...
Journal of Global Initiatives: Policy, Pedagogy, Perspective (2010)
This paper explores the construction of knowledge in Kenya in the context and aftermath of colonialism and underdevelopment. Those communities ...
Contributions to Books (17)
Contribution to Book
Introduction: An “African Perspective” on the Russian Revolution
, Walter Rodney’s Russian Revolution: A View from the Third World (2018)
Renowned Pan-African and socialist theorist on the Bolshevik Revolution and its post-colonial legacyIn his short life, Guyanese intellectual Walter Rodney ...