Honors and Awards
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, University of Minnesota
- DAAD Graduate Scholarship, Ludwig Maximilians Universität
- Fulbright U.S. Student Grant Program
- Development of Western Civilization
- Modern Germany, 1871-present
- Global Feminisms
- Europe 1914-1945
“Negotiating the “State of Exception:” Gypsies’ Encounter with the Judiciary in Germany and Italy, 1860-1914 Social History (2010)
The tensions between judicial and executive authorities regarding so-called Gypsies in fin de siecle Germany and Italy reveals an inherent contradiction between the universalist dictates of the modern Rechtsstaat and the requirements of building a ...
Book Reviews (2)
News Stories Dredge Up Old Stereotypes Of Europe's Roma, National Public Radio, All Things Considered (2013)
Melissa Block speaks with Dr. Jennifer G. Illuzzi, assistant professor of history at Providence College in Rhode Island, about the history of discrimination of the Romani population in Europe following two cases of children who ...