Honors and Awards
- 2008 – 2011 NSF RCN-‐UBE Grant No. DBI-‐0840946 Education Network in Ethnobiology
- 2008 – 2010 NIH-‐ICBG Grant No. RFA-‐TW-‐08-‐003 Biodiversity Surveys in Indonesia
- 2005 – 2007 Training Grants, Indonesian Ministry of Forestry
- 2003 – 2004 University of California Pacific Rim Research Grant
- 1999 – 2004 University Research Expeditions Program – Field Research Grants
- 1999 – 2000 U.S. Fulbright Commission – Student Award for Research in Indonesia
- ENVS 10: Life on a Changing Planet
- AMS/ENVS/HUM 159: Nature and World Cultures
|2004||Ph.D., University of California at Davis ‐ Ecology|
|1993||M.Sc, University of California at Davis ‐ Humanities & Environmental Studies Departments|
|1988||B.A, Boston University ‐ Latin American Development|
Literary Works (8)
Biocultural diversity in traditional rice-based agroecosystems: indigenous research and conservation ...
Environment, Development and Sustainability (2006)
Traditional crop landraces play dynamic roles in the expression of native biological and cultural diversity via their central position in ...
Assessing Cultural and Ecological Variation in Ethnobiological Research: The Importance ...
Journal of Ethnobiology (2005)
Contending that a significant portion of current ethnobiological research continues to overlook cultural variation in traditional ecological knowledge (TEK) and ...