Honors and Awards
- Spencer Foundation/National Academy of Education Dissertation Fellowship
- Chancellor’s Fellowship | University of Colorado Boulder
- Member of Program Committee | Philosophy of Education Society
- Manuscript Reviewer | Democracy and Education
- Co-Chairman | Student Association for Graduate Educators
|2007 ‐ 2013||Ph.D., University of Colorado Boulder ‐ Educational Foundations, Policy and Practice | Specializations: Foundations of Education, Philosophy of Education, Social Studies Education|
|2000 ‐ 2001||University of Denver ‐ Teaching Certification in Secondary Social Studies|
|1994 ‐ 1997||Executive Editor, University of Chicago Legal Forum, University of Chicago ‐ J.D., 1997|
|1990 ‐ 1994||B.A., University of Denver ‐ Political Science | summa cum laude|
University of Colorado Denver
P.O. BOX 173364
Campus Box 106
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Published Papers (7)
Giving Power Its Due: The Powerful Possibilities and the Problems ...
Educational Foundations and Social Studies Faculty Publications (2015)
The use of deliberation with English Language Learners presents possibilities to both improve language learning, but also expand the potential ...
Legally White, Socially “Mexican”: The Politics of De Jure and ...
Educational Foundations and Social Studies Faculty Publications (2012)
The history of Mexican American school segregation is complex, often misunderstood, and currently unresolved. The literature suggests that Mexican Americans ...