|Present||Assistant Professor of the Practice; Director of Experiential Learning, Trinity University ‐ Department of Business Administration|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2018 - Present||Member, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s Certification Advisory Council|
Honors and Awards
- President's Award for Excellence in Student Advocacy, Spring 2020
- Principal Investigator, NIRSA Large Research Grant ($9,425.00) funded by the NIRSA Foundation, awarded Summer 2014
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Outstanding Professor Award, Trinity University, 2011-2012
- Faculty Development Funding, awarded for paper presentation at NASSM in London, Ontario
- PIKE 2010 Professor of the Year, awarded for mentorship and teaching by Pi Kappa Alpha, Lambda Sigma Chapter, Fall 2010
- Information Literacy Grant for Course Redesign of History of American Sport, Trinity University, Spring 2010
- Barbara Jackson Scholar, University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA), November 2008-November 2010
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (16)
NIRSA Championship Series Volunteerism: The Perceived Impact on Professional Development
Recreational Sports Journal (2018)
The National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) Championship Series (Series) has developed into the primary organization for governing extramural/sport club collegiate ...
Exploring NIRSA Championship Series Professional Development Opportunities: Understanding Their Perceived ...
Recreational Sports Journal (2016)
The NIRSA Championship Series (Series) is a significant component of NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate Recreation (NIRSA). Demonstrated, in part, by ...
An Exploration of Organizational Trust in Intercollegiate Athletic Departments
Journal of Higher Education Athletics and Innovation (2016)
Scholars in in educational leadership, business management, and organizational psychology have thoroughly explored the construct of organizational trust. While trust ...