|Present||Professor, San Jose State University ‐ School of Global Innovation and Leadership|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2016 - Present||Director, GLORAD Silicon Valley||2016 - Present||Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovation Studies.||2015 - Present||Associate Editor, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management.||2014 - Present||Editorial Board, International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management.||2013 - Present||Editorial review board, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management.||2005 - Present||Member, Academy of International Business||2004 - Present||Member, Academy of Management||2017 - 2019||Board Member, Administrative Committee. IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society||2018||Program Chair, IEEE TEMS ISIE||2018||Track Chair, IEEE TEMSCON||2013 - 2017||Invited paper reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management||2012 - 2017||Invited Paper Reviewer, Intl. Journal of Innovation and Technology Management||2012 - 2015||Invited paper reviewer, Research Policy||2006 - 2015||Invited paper reviewer, Technovation||2012 - 2014||Invited paper reviewer, International Journal of Technology Management||2012 - 2013||Invited paper reviewer, Management Research Review||2010 - 2013||Invited paper reviewer, Information Technologies & International Development|
Honors and Awards
- 2016: Society of Open Innovation and CSCOM conference Wonderful Paper Award
- 2016-2017: Lucas Fellowship Research Grant
- 2014-2015: Lucas Fellowship Research Grant
- 2011-2012: SJSU RSCA Grant
- 2009-2010: SJSU Junior Faculty Career Development Grant
- 2009-2010: College of Business Cost Share Funds
- 2009-2010: San Jose State University Planning Council Release Time Grant
- 2008-2009: CSU Research Grant: “Prior experience, social networks, and entrepreneurship”
- 2005-2006: Stanford University SPRIE Research Fellowship.
- 2004-2005: Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellowship.
- 2004-2005: Pacific Rim Research Grant, University of California research grant.
- 2003-2004: Dean’s Normative Time Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley.
- 2003-2004: Academic Progress Award, University of California, Berkeley.
- 2000-2002: Departmental Block Grant, University of California, Berkeley.
- 1995-1999: Academic Excellence Fellowship, Peking University.
|2005||PhD, University of California - Berkeley ‐ Regional Planning|
|2000||M. Econ., Peking University ‐ Regional Economics|
|1997||B.S., Peking University ‐ Urban and Regional Planning|
Technology acquisition through exploration alliance: network positions and technology diversity
International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning (2016)
The study further explores how the moderating roles of relative network positions and technology diversity separately and jointly affect inter-firm ...
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development in China: Literature Review ...
Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management (2012)
Facing daunting social and environmental challenges that come along with decades of rapid economic developments, some Chinese corporations go beyond ...
Hierarchical Segmentation of R&D Process and Intellectual Property Protection: Evidence ...
IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (2010)
This paper examines how multinational corporations (MNCs) protect their intellectual property (IP) when they conduct R&D in countries with weak ...
Historical, Entrepreneurial, and Supply Chain Management Perspectives on the Semiconductor ...
International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (2010)
This paper studies the semiconductor industry from three perspectives: historical, entrepreneurial and supply chain management. After a brief introduction, the ...