|Present||Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science Building, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA, University of Malaya|
Bacteriology (prokaryotes diversity and communities, archaebacteria, psychrophiles), Bioplastic (polyhydroxyalkanoates, palm oil, fatty acids, biodegradability, biocompatibility,), and Fermentation Technology (lactic acid, agroindustrial byproducts as substrates, PHA, process optimisation)
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholar, Fulbright Program, USA, 2001, (International)
- GBF International Training Programme Award for outstanding contribution to the development of biotechnology in the recipient's country, Gesellschaft fuer Biotechnologische Forschung (GBF), Braunshweig, Germany, 1996, (International)
- Postdoctoral research in the University of Leon, Spain, Spanish government, 1991, (International)
- Postgraduate university course in microbiology and biotechnology, Osaka U and Kyoto U, UNESCO and Japanese government, 1979, (International)
- Visiting Scientist to Nagoya University, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), 1998, (International)
No Subject Area (10)
Chain cleavage mechanism of palm kernel oil derived medium-chain-length poly ...
Polymer Degradation and Stability (2011)
Medium-chain-length poly(3-hydoxyalkanoates) (mcl-PHAs) are natural polyesters having the molecular formula of [similar to OCHR-CH(2)-COO similar to](n) In, composed of monomers ...
Characterization of Oligomeric Hydroxyalkanoic Acids from Thermal Decomposition of Palm ...
International Journal of Polymer Analysis and Characterization (2011)
Oligomeric hydroxyalkanoic acids can be prepared by thermal decomposition of the original polyesters at moderate high temperature. In this study, ...
Thermodegradation of medium-chain-length poly(3-hydroxyalkanoates) produced by Pseudomonas putida from ...
Polymer Degradation and Stability (2010)
Medium-chain-length poly(3-hydoxyalkanoates) (mcl-PHA), comprising six to fourteen carbon-chain-length monomers, are natural thermoplastic polyesters synthesized by fluorescent pseudomonades. In this study, ...
Chemical characterization of medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) recovered by enzymatic treatment ...
Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology (2007)
BACKGROUND: Medium-chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) are biodegradable polyesters accumulated intracellularly as energy resources by bacterial species such as Pseudomonas putida. The ...