There is the need for critical changes in the United States health care system to meet the rising costs of health care and the massive number of people without health insurance. The Berea Health Ministry Rural Health Clinic (BHMRHC) is a nurse-managed, rural primary health care clinic that was designed to respond to the health care needs of the underserved, uninsured, and underinsured populations in a designated nine county area of Appalachian Kentucky. The process used in the development and implementation of BHMRHC is described as a model to assist in the future development of similar clinics.
- Appalachian Region Community Health Centers,
- Health Services Accessibility Health,
- Services Needs and Demand,
- Humans Kentucky Medically Underserved Area Medically Uninsured Models,
- Nursing Nurse Practitioners Nursing Evaluation Research Primary Health Care Program Evaluation Rural Health Services
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/idaslusher/12/