|January 2016 ‐ Present||Co-director of residency program, Lehigh Valley Health Network|
|January 2014 ‐ Present||Clinical Assistant Professor, University of South Florida ‐ Department of Neurology|
|February 2013 ‐ Present||Medical Director of Patient Care Units, Lehigh Valley Health Network|
|July 2011 ‐ Present||Neuro-hospitalist/Vascular Neurologist, Lehigh Valley Health Network|
|Present||Physician, Lehigh Valley Health Network ‐ LVPG Neurology|
7/99-8/01 Thesis Research: Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia PA. • Thesis Objectives: To investigate molecular mechanisms mediating desensitization of the G protein coupled A1-Adenosine receptor in the brain and aged heart, and to determine whether such alterations contribute to tissue vulnerability during ischemic insult., 8/97-6/99 Research Rotations at MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA. • Center for Gene Therapy: Investigated the effect of tyrosine hydroxylase transfected primary rat astrocyte cultures on Parkinson’s disease rat models. • Department of Pharmacology & Physiology: Examined the effect of several pharmacological agents norepinephrine release in prepared young and aged rat heart synaptosomes. • Department of Neurobiology/Anatomy: Investigated the involvement of semaphorines in mediating growth of cerebellar neurite explants from the developing mouse brain., and Research Assistant at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA. •Thesis Objectives: Prepared organic compounds in an organic synthesis laboratory. Overall goal was to isolate an anion transport protein found in proximal convoluted tubule cells of rat kidney nephron.
Honors and Awards
- •“Best Medical Student Teaching Award”, Lehigh Valley Health Network, 2012
- •“Best Research Award”, neurology residency, Multiple Sclerosis, 2010.
- •“Best Research Award”, neurology residency, Vascular Neurology, 2008.
- • “The Most Outstanding Resident”, neurology residency, 2007-2010.
- • “The Most Outstanding Resident of the Year”, 2006-2007, Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia.
- • Awarded a two-year fellowship for thesis research from the American Heart Association • Grant Title: Desensitization of the A1-Adenosine Receptor Function: Role of Nitric Oxide and Receptor Stimulation.
- • The Polyprobe Research Scholarship, medical school 2005, released to the press.
- • The Board of Trustees and The Edith Fitton Herrin Scholarships, Medical School 2002-2006
- • The William Goldman Foundation Scholarship, Medical School
Disorders of the Autonomic Nervous System after Hemispheric Cerebrovascular Disorders ...
Journal Of Vascular And Interventional Neurology (2015)
Autonomic and cardiac dysfunction may occur after vascular brain injury without any evidence of primary heart disease. During acute stroke, ...
Pathogenesis, Clinical Course and Neuro-Radiological Signs of Proprionibacterium Acnes Cerebritis ...
Hosp Pract (1995) (2015)
The clinical and neuroimaging characteristics of brain infections related to Propionibacterium acnes are not well-characterized, making early diagnosis and treatment ...
Analysis of data from the CDC/FDA vaccine adverse event ...
Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia (2012)
We used data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, supplemented by additional data provided by the Center for Biologics ...
Endovascular Management of Symptomatic Extracranial Stenosis Associated with Secondary Intracranial ...
Journal of neuroimaging : official journal of the American Society of Neuroimaging (2012)
BACKGROUND: Several studies have reported variable rates of perioperative risk of stroke in individuals with tandem stenoses after carotid endarterectomy. ...