|Present||Assistant Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore|
|Present||PhD in Development Studies, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai|
Economic Measurements, Energy, Human Development, and Sustainable Use of Resources
Honors and Awards
- Young Scientist Award at Odisha Environment Congress - 2012 for presentation of the paper entitled "Pipeline Politics - A study on India's Cross Border Projects". The theme of OEC-2012 was Energy and Environment
- Participated as a symposia speaker on “Higher Education – Mismatch in Demand and Supply” in 98th Indian Science Congress-2011 at SRM University, Chennai, Jan 3-7, 2011.
- Invited for a talk on “CDM for India’s Energy Security – universalization and low carbon future” at Green Industrial Evolution, India – 2010, Black 2 Green- an Industrial Summit, at Orchid, Mumbai - organized by Helping Hand Foundation, January 14, 2010.
- Best Paper Award in Doctoral Colloquim-2010 (in Advanced Papers category) for the paper titled “Gender-based Indicators in Human Development: Correcting for Missing Women”, at Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, January 8-9, 2010.
- Invited for a valedictory talk on “Energy for Everybody: Strategies and Policies” at UGC, DAE-BRNS & CSIR sponsored National Youth Forum on Green Energy Solutions meeting Global Concerns”, conducted by Green Energy Initiatives of Maris Stella (GEMS 2009), November 19-20, 2009.
- Best Paper Award (first prize) in COSMAR-08 for the paper titled “Gender-based Indicators in Human Development: Correcting for Missing Women”, at Dept of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, November 20-21, 2008.
- Best Paper Award (first prize) in COSMAR-07 for the paper titled “An Alternative Approach to Measure HDI”, at Dept of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, December 12-13, 2007.
- Best Paper Award (first prize) in SCODER-07 for the paper titled “An Alternative Approach to Measure HDI”, at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai, September 28-29, 2007.
A-2, National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Campus, Bangalore - 560012
Urban Transport Sustainability Indicators – Application of Multi-view Black-box (MVBB) framework
International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development (2013)
To develop a set of sustainable development indicators for urban areas, the multi-view black-box (MVBB) framework has been recently proposed. ...
Towards a conceptual framework for development of sustainable development indicators ...
International Journal of Sustainable Development (IJSD) (2011)
Bruntland Commission’s report led to popularization of notion of sustainability and a boom in the development of sustainable development indicators ...
Contributions to Books (5)
Contribution to Book
Energy Infrastructure for a High Humane and Low Carbon Future
Advances in Energy Studies 2010: Can we break the addiction to fossil energy? (2011)
Presently India is facing the twin challenge of energy universalization as well as emission reduction. Nearly 0.4 billion people in ...