|2016 - Present||Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University ‐ Instructional Psychology & Technology|
Problem-Based Learning, Meta-Analysis and Meta-Synthesis, Teacher Professional Learning, Technology Integration, Design-based Implementation Research, 21st Century Skills, Digital Libraries, Online Educational Resources, Inquiry-Based Learning, and Research-Practice Partnerships
Honors and Awards
- NSF Early Career Symposium recipient 2011, Association for Educational Communications & Technology
- Outstanding Research Assistant 2011, Department of Instructional Technology & Learning Sciences
- Lee W. Cochran Intern 2009, Association for Educational Communications & Technology
- Professional Staff Award 2009, Merrill-Cazier Library, Utah State University
- Outstanding Research Assistant 2009, Department of Instructional Technology & Learning Sciences
- Best Student Paper 2009, SIG ATL/LS, American Educational Research Association
- Divison C Graduate Student Seminar recipient 2009, American Educational Research Association
- Master of Education Scholar of the Year 2005, Department of Instructional Technology
- IP&T 286/371: Integrating Technology in Teaching
- IP&T 661: Introduction to Program Evaluation
- IP&T 653: Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Information Literacy
- K12 Proessional Development Workshops
Articles and Conference Proceedings (22)
Automating Open Educational Resource Assessments: A Machine Learning Generalization Study
Joint Conference on Digital Libraries Proceedings 2011 (2011)
Assessing the quality of online educational resources in a cost effective manner is a critical issue for educational digital libraries. ...
Integrating Technology and Problem-based Learning: A Mixed Methods Study of ...
Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-Based Learning
This article describes two consecutive enactments of technology-oriented teacher professional development designs, aimed at helping teachers find high-quality online learning ...
Contributions to Books (3)
Contribution to Book
Experiences in the Field: The Evolution of a Teacher Technology ...
New Science of Learning: Cognition, Computers, and Collaboration in Education (2010)
The New Science of Learning: Cognition, Computers and Collaboration in Education deftly explores the multiple relationships found among these critical ...