|2003 ‐ Present||Associate Professor Occupational Therapy, Sacred Heart University ‐ Occupational Therapy|
Honors and Awards
- 2014-15 SHU University Research and Creativity Grant
- Sacred Heart University Tenure 2015
- April 2014 AOTA Service Commendation
- 2012-13 SHU University Research and Creativity Grant
- February 2012 Alice S. Bachmann Clinician Award
- 2011 Dean’s Interdisciplinary Research Award
- 2010-11 Academic Creative Teaching Grant
- March 2011 Award of Service Connecticut OTA
- 2010 Fellow of the AOTA; Certificate of Appreciation Connecticut OTA
- 2009 Award of Merit, Connecticut OTA
- 2008 Recognition of Achievement Award AOTA
|2008 ‐ 2012||Ph.D. Public Health, University of Connecticut|
|1993 ‐ 1996||M.S. Occupational Therapy, Ohio State University|
|1984 ‐ 1988||B.S. Occupational Therapy, Boston University|
Healthcare Education N125
College of Health Professions
Current Projects (1)
Using a Multifaceted Approach to Working With Children Who Have ...
Occupational Therapy Faculty Publications (2017)
Pediatric occupational therapy practitioners frequently provide interventions for children with differences in sensory processing and integration. Confusion exists regarding how ...
The Sensory Processing Measure–Preschool (SPM-P)—Part One: Description of ...
Occupational Therapy Faculty Publications (2011)
School-based and early intervention occupational therapy evaluation is influenced by federal policy and prevailing ideas regarding best practice. Current best ...
The Sensory Processing Measure (SPM): Meeting the Needs of School-Based ...
Occupational Therapy Faculty Publications (2009)
Changes in federal legislation guiding occupational therapy practice in educational environments have required modifications in the way therapists evaluate children ...
Development of the Sensory Processing Measure-School: Initial Studies of Reliability ...
Occupational Therapy Faculty Publications (2007)
OBJECTIVE. The history and development of the Sensory Processing Measure-School are detailed, and findings of initial pilot studies are reported. ...
The Relationship Among Sensory Preferences, Play Preferences, Motivation, and Mastery ...
Occupational Therapy Faculty Publications (2006)
Currently, the emphasis throughout health care is on providing evidence-based practice. Occupational therapy practitioners are involved in critical examination of ...