Honors and Awards
- 1987, 1988: Excellent Graduate Student of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China.
- 1986-1989: Graduate assistantship, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China.
- 1998: Outstanding scientific poster, Graduate Student Organization poster session, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA.
- 1999: Sigma-Xi, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
- 1999-2001: NIH training grant award, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA.
- 2009: NPAM Young Investigator Award at American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2009
1215 W. Cumberland Ave.
229 Jessie Harris Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-1920
Phone: (865) 974-5445
Fax: (865) 974-3491
Liver lipid molecules induce PEPCK-C gene transcription and attenuate insulin ...
Nutrition Publications and Other Works (2007)
Cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK-C) plays key roles in gluconeogenesis, glyceroneogenesis, and cataplerosis. Experiments were designed to examine the effects of ...
Direct Antidiabetic Effect of Leptin through Triglyceride Depletion of Tissues
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (1997)
Leptin is currently believed to control body composition largely, if not entirely, via hypothalamic receptors that regulate food intake and ...
Tissue Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance, and Insulin Production: Implications for Hyperinsulinemia ...
American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism (1997)
Obesity is associated with both insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia. Initially hyperinsulinemia compensates for the insulin resistance and thereby maintains normal ...
Disappearance of Body Fat in Normal Rats Induced by Adenovirus-mediated ...
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (1996)
Sustained hyperleptinemia of 8 ng/ml was induced for 28 days in normal Wistar rats by infusing a recombinant adenovirus containing ...