|July 2018 - Present||Chair, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Policy and Community Health, Department of|
|2018 - Present||Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|2014 - Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|Present||Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Policy and Community Health, Department of|
|June 2017 - June 2018||Chair, Department of Health Policy and Management, Georgia Southern University|
|2012 - 2018||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University|
|2014 - 2017||Associate Dean for Research, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University|
|2013 - 2014||Director of Research, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2017 - Present||Executive Board Member, Georgia Southern University’s Women and Gender Studies||2014 - Present||Chair, JPHCOPH, DrPH Public Health Leadership Curriculum Development Committee, GSU||2014 - Present||Chair, JPHCOPH, Faculty Research Committee, GSU||2013 - Present||Member, JPHCOPH Leadership Committee, GSU||2019 - 2020||Member, Georgia Southern Academic Affairs Communications Work Group (AACSWG), GSU||2018 - 2019||Representative, Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH), Diversity and Inclusion Section||2018 - 2019||Member, JPHCOPH DrPH Dissertation Expectations and Format Committee, GSU||2017 - 2019||Associate Editor, BMC Public Health||2017 - 2019||Member, Dr.PH Health Policy and Management Planning Committee, gSU||2017 - 2019||President, Gamma Theta Chapter of Delta Omega at Georgia Southern University||2014 - 2019||Member, JPCOPH Leadership Committee, GSU||2014 - 2019||Site Visitor, Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)||2017 - 2018||Chair, Planning Committee for Research Section, Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health||2016 - 2017||President Elect, Gamma Theta Chapter of Delta Omega at Georgia Southern University||2016 - 2017||Chair, Planning Committee for Research Section, Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health||2015 - 2017||Member, Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) DrPH Joint Group||2016||Member, Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) Section Retreat Planning Committee||2015 - 2016||Senior Associate Editor, Frontiers in Public Health Services and Systems Research||2014 - 2015||Chair, Faculty Service Committee, GSU||2013||Chair, Search Committee for the Assistant Professor Position in Health Policy and Management, GSU|
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Quality Awards from Utah Department of Health for Outstanding Performance
- Best Writer of the Session 1982-83, at Forman Christian College, Lahore, Pakistan for exceptional contribution to the college magazine "FOLIO"
- Recipient, Recognition Shield Awarded for “DISTINGIUISHED SCHOLAR for outstanding Academic Research”, European Journal of Scientific Research (2005)
- Recipient, Nancy Rawding Employee of the Year Award, NACCHO (2009)
- Keynote Speaker, 3rd International Conference on Statistical Sciences. Lahore, Pakistan (2010)
- Keynote Speaker, 3rd International eHealth Conference –Road to National eHealth Strategy for Pakistan. Lahore, Pakistan (2012)
- President, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health Faculty Assembly (2013-2014)
- Induntee, Gamma Theta Chapter of the Delta Omega Society (2014)
- Recipient, Mentor of the Year, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health (2014)
- Recipient, Karl E. Peace Leadership Award, Delta Omega Honor Society (2016)
- Recipient, Georgia Southern University’s Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity (2016)
- Listed on 2019 Marquis Who’sWho list in the field of Health
- Leadership Appointment, Editorial Board of the American Journal of Public Health (November 07, 2019 through November 09, 2022)
- Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Introduction to Sociology
- Methods of Social Research
- Statistical Theory and Analyses (Mathematics 231)
- Statistical Methods in Business (Stat. 222)
- Survey of Statistical Packages (Stat. 5969)
- Social Statistics I (Soc. 415)
- Population Theories and Policies (Soc. 622)
- Advanced Methods of Social Research (Soc. 610)
- Introduction to Sociology (Soc. 101)
- Industry and Society (Soc. 564/364)
- Women in Third World Development (Soc. 491)
- Contemporary Sociological Theory (Soc. 301)
- Spoken Urdu: a course in Urdu (Linguistics 599)
|1995||Ph.D. in Sociology, Utah State University|
|1990||M.S.S. in Anthropology, Statistics, & Sociology, Utah State University|
|1987||M.S. in Statistics, University of Punjab|
|1984||B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, F.C. College|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478 2419
Fax: (912) 478 5811
Office: Hendricks Hall
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals (133)
Impact of Teachers’ Classroom Manners, Teaching Strategies, and Parents’ Socioeconomic ...
International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies (2021)
The principal aim of this study was to determine the impact of teachers’ classroom manners, teaching strategies, and parents’ socioeconomic ...
Public Health Employees’ Perceptions about the Impact of Emerging Public ...
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (2021)
Objective: The purpose of this research was to assess the workforce characteristics associated with public health employees’ perceived impact of ...
HIV clinical stage progression of patients at 241 outpatient clinics ...
International Journal of Infectious Diseases (2021)
Background: HIV clinical care programs are increasingly cognizant of the importance of customizing services according to patients’ clinical stage progression ...
Community Characteristics and COVID-19 Outcomes: A Study of 159 Counties ...
Journal of Public Health Management and Practice (2021)
Background: The COVID-19 pandemic affects population groups differently, worsening existing social, economic, and health inequities. Purpose: This study examined 159 ...
The Use of Penalized Regression Analysis to Identify County-Level Demographic ...
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (2020)
Systemic inequity concerning the social determinants of health has been known to affect morbidity and mortality for decades. Significant attention ...
An Analysis of Local Health Departments' Responsiveness to Community Segregation ...
Journal of Public Health Management and Practice (2020)
Recent studies have found that racial health disparities are a direct result of the residential segregation, racial differences in socioeconomic ...