|Present||Senior Lecturer, Literacy Coordinator, The University of Notre Dame Australia ‐ School of Education, Fremantle|
Research in Service-learning for pre-service teachers' knowledge, perceptions and cultural awareness of Aboriginal education., Research on service-learning immersion to Aboriginal community of Tjuntjuntjara., Supervision of students both in the Master of Education and doctoral courses., and Research on "Roots of Empathy" program implementation.
Honors and Awards
- Western Australian Institute for Educational Research (WAIER) Postgraduate Award (2013)
- ASPIRE Award (2013)
- School of Education Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence (2012)
- Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching (2011)
- Lecturer of the Year (2009)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Care)
- Bachelor of Education ( Primary)
- Teaching in the Primary and ECE English units.
- Diagnostic literacy clinic within service-learning context ( Aboriginal education)
- Teaching also in the postgraduate studies ( Graduate Certificate in ECE)
Dr Glenda Cain
PhD, MED, BED, Dip.Teaching
Senior Lecturer, Literacy Coordinator
Phone: 9433 0174
A service-learning immersion in a remote Aboriginal community: enhancing pre-service ...
International Journal of Whole Schooling (2014)
This article examines a service-learning immersion undertaken by pre-service primary teachers in a remote indigenous community and school in Western ...