|Present||Faculty Member, California Lutheran University|
Executive Leadership of Superintendents and School Boards & Leadership Preparation
Honors and Awards
- 2008: Distinguished Education Alumni Award - UCSB
- 2008: Education Professor of the Year - Association of California School Administrators Region XIII
- 2007: Distinguished Faculty Award - Cal Poly Department of Career Services
- 2004: Distinguished Service Award - University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA)
- 2002-2004: David L. Clark Graduate Seminar Distinguished Faculty - UCEA/AERA
- 1998-2005: High Flyer Award - Recognition of Outstanding Teaching - Society of American Baseball Research (SABR)
- 1998-1999: Outstanding Research Award - Missouri State University
- 1988-1989: Teacher of the Year - San Benito School District, Hollister, CA
- 1987-1988: Sallie Mae Outstanding Teacher Award - American Association of School Administrators
What Teachers Think: An Investigation of Teachers’ Perceptions Regarding the ...
Central California instructional Leadership Forum (2006)
Using the conceptual lenses of superintendent instructional leadership and instructional capacity, this investigation explored teachers’ views of their superintendent’s ability ...
Conference Proceedings (6)
School Reform Strategies and Normative Expectations for Democratic Leadership in ...
Democracy in Educational Leadership: The Unfinished Journey Toward Justice (2005)
The ability of the superintendent to communicate ethical leadership to the community and demonstrate a positive relationship with the board ...
Learning Theory and Its Application to At-Risk Programs For Elementary ...
The Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association: Chicago, IL (2003)
One of the most salient problems in our nation's schools has been to educate the students who experience academic difficulties ...
Changing Times, Changing Relationships: An Exploration of the Relationship Between ...
The Annual Meeting of the University Council for Educational Administration: Cincinnati, OH (2001)
Historically in the United States, states have delegated much of their authority over educational policy to local school districts. However, ...
The Complexity of Substantive Reform: A Call for Interdependence Among ...
Ensuring Universities' Capacity to Prepare Learning Focused Leadership: Racine, WI (2001)
The field of educational leadership faces serious challenges in the 21st century. To name but a few, these challenges include ...