Homeland Security, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Critical Facility Vulnerability Assessment, Nuclear Weapon Effects and Protection, Nuclear Fallout and Residual Nuclear Effects, Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), High Power Microwave System Effects and Protection, Solar Storm, Geomagnetic Disturbance (GMD) Effects, Pulsed Power, and Space Nuclear Power
Honors and Awards
- James Madison University Research & Public Service Distinguished Service Award
- Defense Nuclear Agency Legacy Award
- Defense Nuclear Agency Significant Technical Achievement Award
- Congressional EMP Commission Distinguished Service Award
- Fellow, Nuclear Electromagnetics, Summa Foundation
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering
- Harry Diamond Laboratories Hinman Award for Technical Excellence
- Journal of Radiation Effects Best Paper Award
- Maryland Senatorial Scholarship
- Western Maryland College Jones Physics Scholarship
G. H. Baker
3305 Hemlock Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Risk-Based Critical Infrastructure Priorities for EMP and Solar Storms
Security Analysis and Risk Management Association Newsletter (2011)
Two electromagnetic phenomena have the potential to create continental-scale disasters. The first, nuclear electromagnetic pulse (EMP), results from a nuclear ...
Enhancing Homeland Security: Development of a Course on Critical Infrastructure ...
Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (2006)
The rise of the American homeland security endeavor has created demands for knowledgeable professionals to address issues of critical infrastructure ...
The Feasibility and Effectiveness of a Common Consumer Device as ...
Proceedings of the Int'l Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (2005)
Because the operation and control of most critical infrastructures are highly dependent on electronics, it is important to understand the ...
Network Security Risk Assessment Modeling Tools for Critical Infrastructure Assessment
Critical Infrastructure Protection Project Workshop (2003)
The James Madison University (JMU) CIPP research team is developing Network Security Risk Assessment Modeling (NSRAM) tools that will enable ...