Professional Service and Affiliations
|Present||Member, American Academy of Family Physicians|
Honors and Awards
- Kentucky Colonel May 2, 1986
- Family Medicine Residency Teacher of the Year 2004
- finalist for the Excellence in Student Teaching Award for 2005 at West Virginia University
- finalist for the Excellence in Student Teaching Award for 2006 at West Virginia University
- West Virginia University Department of Family Medicine Faculty Award for Excellence in Student Teaching 2006 – 2007
- Nominated for Distinguished Teacher Award for West Virginia University School of Medicine 2007
- Residency Teacher of the Year at Southwest Georgia Family Medicine Residency 2012
Professional and Scholarly Articles (5)
Understanding the Food Insecurity and Obesity Relationship by Examining Potential ...
Journal of Hunger & Environmental Nutrition (2016)
Epidemiologic studies have demonstrated a positive association between obesity and food insecurity, but the mechanisms of this relationship are not ...