|Present||Associate Professor, Western Kentucky University ‐ Department of Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research|
Inner lives of School Leaders, Intellectual, emotional, and spiritual aspects of leadership, How these aspects of leadership influence the practice of school administration, Theories of practice for instructional leadership, and Coaching protocols to enhance principals' self-reflection and self-awareness
Honors and Awards
- Principal of the Year for work with at-risk students and their families, 2007. Awarded by the FamilyWorks Therapy, Bowling Green, KY.
- Faculty Excellence Award for Student Advisement, WKU Collge of Educational and Behavioral Sciences, 2015-2016
- EDAD 677 (Legal Issues for Professional Educators)
- EDAD 707 (Educational Leadership, Policy, and Politics)
- EDLD 710 (Leadership Theories and Ethics)
- EDAD 699 (Education Specialist Project)
- EDAD 694 (Seminar in Leadership: Educational Administration)
- EDAD 643 (Securing and Developing Staff)
- EDAD 642 (Leveraging Community Systems and Resources)
- EDAD 641 (Building Culture and Community)
- EDAD 640 (Introduction to School Leadership)
- EDAD 576 (Issues and Trends in Education)
- EDAD 590 (Administration of School Personnel)
- EDAD 597 (Problems in Education Administratin)
- EDAD 683 (Leading Teaching and Learning)
- EDAD 684 (Instructional Leadership)
- EDAD 696 (Advanced Organizational Theory)
|2008||Ph. D., University of Louisville|
|2003||M.A.T, Oakland City University ‐ Education Administration|
|2000||Master of Arts, Western Kentucky University ‐ Department of History|
|1993||Bachelor of Arts, Western Kentucky University ‐ Philosophy, Religion, and History|
Office: Gary A. Ransdell Hall - Room 3087
Research Works (7)
Enhancing Instructional Leadership through Collaborative Coaching: A Multi-case Study
International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education (2017)
Purpose – Executive coaching has become increasingly important for enhancing organizational leaders’professional effectiveness. The purpose of this paper is to ...
Deep Impact: How a Job-Embedded Formative Assessment Professional Development Model ...
Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research Faculty Publications (2014)
This study supports the work of Black and Wiliam (1998), who demonstrated that when teachers effectively utilize formative assessment strategies, ...
Double-loop Learning: A Coaching Protocol for Enhancing Principal Instructional Leadership
Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research Faculty Publications (2012)
Executive coaching has become increasingly commonplace in both the corporate and non-profit sectors as a means of improving professional effectiveness ...
Theories of Practice: Understanding the Practice of Educational Leadership
Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research Faculty Publications (2009)
Argyris and Schön (1974) first articulated the concept of theories of practice, and elements of the concept have become standard ...
Preparing Principals for Instructional Leadership: Integrating the Common Core Standards--RESEARCH
Kentucky Journal of Excellence in College Teaching and Learning
Western Kentucky University has structured its own P-12 school principal certification program with a heavy emphasis on instructional leadership, starting ...