|Present||Associate Chair for Operations, Iowa State University|
|Present||Associate Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering|
Honors and Awards
- Iowa State University, Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department – Don Grant Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education 2009 (inaugural award winner) & 2013
- Iowa State University, College of Engineering – Superior Engineering Teacher Award 2012
- Institute of Industrial Engineers - Innovations in Curriculum Award, 2010 – for the Sales Engineering Program, with Sly and Bumblauskas.
- IE 222x - Design & Analysis Methods for System Improvements
- IE 348 - Solidification Processes
- IE 446 /546 – Geometric Variability in Manufacturing
- IE 543x – Wind Energy Manufacturing
3024 Black Engr
2529 Union Dr
Ames, IA 50011-2030
Peer-Reviewed Articles (18)
Conference Proceedings (12)
Evaluation of Designer Feedback Systems in Design for Manufacturability
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Posters (2014)
The research study introduces a new designer feedback tool called Three Dimensional Integrated Feedback (3DIF) tool to convey manufacturability analysis ...
Additive/Subtractive Rapid Pattern Manufacturing for Casting Patterns and Injection ...
Proceedings of the Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium (2010)
This paper presents a Rapid Pattern Manufacturing system that involves both additive and subtractive techniques whereby slabs are sequentially bonded ...
Development Of A Sales Engineering Program By Collaborating With Industry
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Posters (2010)
Iowa State University recently established a program in technical sales for engineers. To develop the program, faculty and administrators reached ...
Developing Students’ Understanding of Global Issues through Lean Manufacturing
38th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (2008)
While traditional international exchange programs provide valuable experience for engineering students, they are neither within reach nor practical for all ...