|Present||Associate Chair for Operations, Iowa State University|
|Present||Associate Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering|
Honors and Awards
- Iowa State University, Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department – Don Grant Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education 2009 (inaugural award winner) & 2013
- Iowa State University, College of Engineering – Superior Engineering Teacher Award 2012
- Institute of Industrial Engineers - Innovations in Curriculum Award, 2010 – for the Sales Engineering Program, with Sly and Bumblauskas.
- IE 222x - Design & Analysis Methods for System Improvements
- IE 348 - Solidification Processes
- IE 446 /546 – Geometric Variability in Manufacturing
- IE 543x – Wind Energy Manufacturing
3024 Black Engr
2529 Union Dr
Ames, IA 50011-2030
Peer-Reviewed Articles (17)
Conference Proceedings (11)
Evaluation of Designer Feedback Systems in Design for Manufacturability
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Posters (2014)
The research study introduces a new designer feedback tool called Three Dimensional Integrated Feedback (3DIF) tool to convey manufacturability analysis ...
Additive/Subtractive Rapid Pattern Manufacturing for Casting Patterns and Injection ...
Proceedings of the Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium (2010)
This paper presents a Rapid Pattern Manufacturing system that involves both additive and subtractive techniques whereby slabs are sequentially bonded ...
Development Of A Sales Engineering Program By Collaborating With Industry
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Posters (2010)
Iowa State University recently established a program in technical sales for engineers. To develop the program, faculty and administrators reached ...
Developing Students’ Understanding of Global Issues through Lean Manufacturing
38th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (2008)
While traditional international exchange programs provide valuable experience for engineering students, they are neither within reach nor practical for all ...
Engineering Problem Solving In Industrial Engineering Curriculum Reform
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Posters (2005)
Problem solving is a major focus of the engineering profession, and upon graduation new engineers are faced with increasingly complex ...