|Present||Associate Lecturer (Teaching Scholar), Southern Cross University ‐ SCU College|
Honors and Awards
- Grant Noble Award for Best Postgraduate Paper – ANZCA Conference, Jul 2017
- Vice-Chancellor’s Citation for Collaboration Excellence – University of Newcastle, 2015
- Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning – Office for Learning and Teaching, 2014
- Best Presentation – Foundation & Bridging Educators of New Zealand Conference, 2014
- Vice Chancellor’s Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning – University of Newcastle, 2012
- University Medal – B Communication (Hons), University of Newcastle, 2010
- Faculty of Science and Information Technology Medal – B Communication, University of Newcastle, 2010
Coffs Harbour Education Campus
Coffs Harbour NSW
Journal articles (5)
The dilemma of voice in biographical narratives: confronting complexity in the "unexpected stories" of intercountry adoptees Communication Research and Practice (2017)
The biographical-narrative interview has been touted as a conduit for ‘giving voice’ to disempowered groups and individuals. On account of this strength, a biographical-narrative approach was chosen for an investigation into the cultural identity constructions ...
Widening student participation in higher education through online enabling education Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning (2014)
The demand for flexible modes of delivery in higher education, especially online learning, has grown over recent years. A number of factors are contributing to the upsurge of student participation in online learning. They include ...
'Week zero' in open foundation by distance: the successes and challenges of embedding an online orientation an enabling distance program Proceedings of the FABENZ Conference 2012 (2012)
This study examined the early departure of students between the ages of 18 and 25 years from an on-campus tertiary bridging program at a regional university. Participants comprised 20 students who had dropped out of ...