Georgia Southern University faculty members Terry Diamanduros and Elizabeth Downs co-authored "Creating a Safe School Environment: How to Prevent Cyberbullying at Your School" in the publication School Library Management.
Chapter Summary: This book compiles selected articles from Library Media Connection to help school librarians and pre-service librarians learn about how to implement best practices for school library management.
At a time when budget cuts threaten the role of the school librarian, dynamic learning experiences can resurrect the usefulness of the library and the role of its staff. The seventh edition of this popular book helps librarians develop engaging school library programs for greater student involvement.
Comprised of important articles from Library Media Connection (LMC), School Library Management: Seventh Edition is a compilation of best practices in the field of school library management. An excellent textbook for professors teaching LIS courses, the book contains updates to standards and technologies, and features the latest initiatives guiding practices, including Standards for the 21st Century Learner and Empowering Learners: Guidelines for School Library Programs. Each of the book's five sections features helpful tips from LMC and lists relevant resources for school library management. Selected articles address standards, inquiry, ethics, and information literacy. The book also includes a focus on the role of the school librarian in designing authentic assessments. Features
- An outstanding LIS textbook that addresses the latest standards, guidelines, and technologeis for the field and offers a blueprint for developing a strong school library program
- A comprehensive listing of resources that includes websites, blogs, videos, and books
- Articles written by distinguished practitioners and industry icons
- Suggestions for using new technologies to achieve learning outcomes
- A compilation of the most useful articles from Library Media Connection
- Library administration,
- School library programs,
- School environment