|Present||Dean of the Library, University of North Florida|
Honors and Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Florida Library Association, April 2010
- Chapter in book, Communication Activism voted outstanding text for 2009, National Communication Association
- CASA Superstar Volunteer Award, 2004
- Qualified as Doctoral Candidate with Distinction
- Beta Phi Mu Honor Society
- Exemplary Service Award, St. Thomas University, 1999
- Florida Library Association "Recognizing Excellence", 1997
- Florida Secretary of State's Award of Excellence
- John Cotton Dana Public Relations Award-Honorable Mention, DeKalb Public Library
- SELA Outstanding Program of Biennium
- Florida Library Association Transformer
|2005||Ph.D., University of South Florida|
|1980||MLn, Emory University|
|1972||BA, Eckerd College|
Thomas G. Carpenter Library
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Florida 32224
Book Chapters (3)
Contribution to Book
Play with the Slinky: Learning to Lead Collaboration Through a ...
Library Faculty Presentations & Publications (2008)
How can training develop the philosophical commitment that library staff members need to successfully lead collaborative projects? How does conversation ...
Published Articles (2)
Conference Papers (5)
Collaborative Research: Narratives of Domestic Violence Workers & Volunteers
Library Faculty Presentations & Publications (2004)
My research paper focuses on multiple layers of retrospective sensemaking based on a university colloquium about “Developing the Research Relationship.” ...
Voices of Engaged Scholarship: Relationships & Research in University-Community Project
Library Faculty Presentations & Publications (2001)
This paper is about engaged scholarship and a university-community initiative as an example of research collaboration. It addresses the negative ...