|Present||Associate Professor, Spanish Linguistics, University of Northern Iowa ‐ Department of Languages and Literatures|
|2008 - 2014||Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguisitics, Drew Univ|
|Participant in the 2016 Scholar Connexus event sponsored by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, University of Northern Iowa ‐ 2016 Scholar Connexus|
Honors and Awards
- 2017 - Faculty Summer Fellowship (8 week), Graduate College, University of Northern Iowa
- 2016 - Veridian Credit Union Community Engagement Fellowship “Community Collaboration for Language, Literacy and Learning” (with Jennifer Cooley)
- 2016 - College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences Faculty Research/Creative Activity Grant, University of Northern Iowa
- 2015 - Innovative Teaching Initiative (with Xavier Escandell), College of Social and Behavior Sciences, University of Northern Iowa
- 2015 - Faculty Summer Fellowship (8 week), Graduate College, University of Northern Iowa
- Language and Immigration (Capstone)
- Bilingualism and Bilingual Education (TESOL)
- Language and Nationalism
- Oral and Written Spanish
- Latinos in the U.S.
- Spanish in the U.S.
- Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics
University of Northern Iowa
Bartlett Hall 2005
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0502
Office: BAR 2005
Phone: (319) 273-2183
Contributions to Books (1)
Contribution to Book
The Role of Reflection in the Sustainability of a University- ...
Developing Responsible Global Citizenship Through Cultures and Languages Across the Curriculum (CLAC): Selected Papers from the 2016 CLAC Conference (2018)
This article describes an ongoing project that pairs community students taking English as a Second Language classes for refugees and ...
Words in the World: Developing Social Responsibility through Critical Learning ...
Conference on Ethics in Higher Education (2017)
This panel explores ways that language-related disciplines can promote social responsibility in courses that deliberately connect academic content with hands-on ...