About Eleni Diakogeorgiou
Eleni Diakogeorgiou, Ph.D., ATC is Clinical Associate Professor of Athletic Training in the College of Health Professions at Sacred Heart University.
Degrees: M.B.A. Health Care Administration, Sacred Heart University; B.S. Athletic Training, University of Connecticut.
Certifications: Certified Athletic Trainer; American Red Cross Instructor.
Professional Service: Chair for the Connecticut Athletic Trainers Association Committee on Revenue, 2006 - present; Board of Directors, Connecticut Athletic Trainers Association, 2005-2007; President, Hellenic Society Paideia. University of Connecticut Chapter, 2000-2003.
|September 2018||Clinical Associate Professor Athletic Training, Sacred Heart University ‐ College of Health Professions, Athletic Training|
|August 2011 - August 2018||Clinical Assistant Professor Athletic Training, Sacred Heart University ‐ College of Health Professions, Athletic Training|
|September 2006 - August 2011||Adjunct Professor Athletic Training, Sacred Heart University ‐ College of Health Professions, Athletic Training|
Concussion management, Emergency Procedures in Athletic Training, Immediate Care of the Cervical Spine, and Patient Reported Outcomes in Collegiate Athletic Training Settings
Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Athletic Trainer of the Year 2014
- UConn Athletic Training Alumni of the Year 2014
- Hard Hat Award (Select Physical Therapy) 2008
- Outstanding Contribution (SHU Athletic Training) 2006
- Douglas J. Casa Research Award (UConn) 2004
- Promotion to Clinical Associate Professor 2018/2019 AY
- AT 100 - Intro to Athletic Training
- AT 125 - Athletic Training Basic Skills
- AT 129 - Athletic Training Clinical Practicum I
- AT 220 - Lower Extremity Practicum
- AT 221 - Upper Extremity Practicum
- AT 222 - Practicum: Head and Spine
- AT 239 - Orthopedic Evaluation I
|2014 - 2017||Ph.D. Health & Human Performance, Concordia University Chicago|
|2004 - 2006||M.B.A. Health/Health Care Administration/Management, Sacred Heart University ‐ Jack Welch College of Business|
|1999 - 2004||B.S. Athletic Training, University of Connecticut|
Athletic Training - Undergraduate
Healthcare Education N252
College of Health Professions
Peer-reviewed Articles (6)
Emergency Medical Services Personnel's Perceptions of the Roles and ...
Athletic Training & Sports Health Care: The Journal For The Practicing Clinician (2017)
Purpose: To understand what emergency medical services (EMS) personnel perceive to be athletic trainers' education and knowledge, which could lead ...