|Present||Assistant Professor of Medicine, Brown University|
|Present||The Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Brown University|
Cardiovascular Medicine, Mind-body interventions, and Clinical Epidemiology
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, NIH Advanced Training Institute in Health Behavior Theory - Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research, National Institutes of Health (2012)
- Faculty Scholar, Program in Medicine and Religion, University of Chicago
- Fellow, NIH OBSSR Summer Institute on Conducting Randomized Clinical Trials Involving Behavioral Interventions (2011)
- Fellow, American Heart Association 36th Ten-Day Seminar on the Epidemiology and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease (2010)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, National Center of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2009-2012)
The Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
CORO West, Suite 309
1 Hoppin Street
Providence, RI 02903
Tel 401‐793‐8325; Fax 401-793‐8059
Frequency of Private Spiritual Activity and Cardiovascular Risk in Post-menopausal ...
Cardiovascular Medicine Publications and Presentations (2013)
Purpose: Spirituality has been associated with better cardiac autonomic balance, but its association with cardiovascular risk is not well studied. ...
Phone-delivered Mindfulness Training for Patients with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators: Results ...
Annals of Behavioral Medicine (2013)
Background: The reduction in adrenergic activity and anxiety associated with meditation may be beneficial for patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators. ...
Spiritual well-being may buffer psychological distress in patients with implantable ...
Cardiovascular Medicine Publications and Presentations (2012)
Psychological distress is common in patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and has been associated with a worse prognosis. The ...
Psychological and Social Characteristics Associated with Religiosity in Women's ...
Cardiovascular Medicine Publications and Presentations (2011)
Measures of religiosity are linked to health outcomes, possibly indicating mediating effects of associated psychological and social factors. We examined ...
Methodological limitations of psychosocial interventions in patients with an implantable ...
Clinical & Population Health Research (2009)
BACKGROUND: Despite the potentially life-saving benefits of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD), a significant group of patients experiences emotional distress after ...