|Present||Associate Professor of Law, Charleston School of Law|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|Present||Faculty Peer Reviewer, Advisory Board, Journal of Law, Business, & Ethics||Present||Member, American Bar Association||Present||Member, American Civil Liberties Union||Present||Faculty Academic committee member, Charleston School of Law||Present||Member, Milton L. Schwartz/David F. Levi Inn of Court, American Inns of Court||Present||Member, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business||Present||Member, San Diego County Bar Association||Present||Member, Tom Homann Law Association||1999 - 2004||Committee Chair, Vice-Chair, and Advisor, National Collegiate Athletic Association|
Honors and Awards
- Alex Sanders Award for Outstanding Service to the Students, The Pinckney Inn, Phi Delta Phi, 2017–18.
- 2017 Professor of the Year, UNT Dallas College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Dept. of Criminal Justice.
- 2015 Law Professor of the Year UNT Dallas
- 2013 and 2014 Western State College of Law Law Professor of the Year
- 2012 Law Professor of the Year, Delta Theta Phi, University of Massachusetts School of Law
- 2010 and 2011 Law Professor of the Year, University of La Verne College of Law
- 2011 Professor of the Year for Excellence in Teaching (University-Wide), finalist
- 2008-2009 Wydick Fellow, University of California at Davis School of Law
- 2002-2003 Editor-in-Chief, vol. 4, San Diego International Law Journal, member, 2001-2003
- 2003 Distinguished Service to the University of San Diego School of Law Award
- 2000-2003 Thomas F. Black Memorial Scholar, University of San Diego School of Law
- Property I & II
- Business Law for the Entertainment Industry
- Governance & Regulation
- Legal Ethics
- Criiminal Procedure
- Sports Law
- Land Use Controls
- Wills, Trusts, & Estates
|2006 - 2007||M.Sc with Merit, London School of Economics and Political Science ‐ Law, Anthropology, and Society|
|2000 - 2003||JD, Thomas F. Black Memorial Scholar, 2000-2003, University of San Diego School of Law|
|BA with Highest Distinction, Economics; BA with Highest Distinction, International Relations; BA with Distinction, Italian Language, Literature, and Culture, Syracuse University ‐ Economics, International Relatons, and Italian Language, Literature, and Culture|
Recent Works (5)
Contribution to Book
Deconstructing Discrimination within Common Interest Communities: Hill v. Community of ...
INTEGRATING DOCTRINE AND DIVERSITY: INCLUSION & EQUITY IN THE LAW SCHOOL CLASSROOM (2021)
As a serious issue of diversity/inclusion/equity, the fear of AIDS continues to cause people and communities to panic. These communities ...
Research Works (6)
Hold Your Fire: The Injustice of NCAA Sanctions on Innocent ...
Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal (2009)
The National Collegiate Athletic Association’s current enforcement system and sanctioning process against member institutions that violate the NCAA’s Bylaws punishes ...