|Present||Head Population and Preventive Health, The University of Notre Dame Australia ‐ School of Medicine, Fremantle|
Honors and Awards
- • Fellowship of the Public Health Association of Australia, 2017
- • Office of Learning and Teaching Award, 2013 for Programs that Enhance Leaning for the ‘Rural and Remote Health Placement Program’ http://www.nd.edu.au/news/media-releases/2013/254
- • Office of Learning and Teaching Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, 2012, in the category ‘Approaches to assessment, feedback and learning support.’
- • Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine President’s award for outstanding contribution to the Faculty in Education, Training and Assessment, 2011.
- Public health, evidence-based medicine, rural health, clinical audit and quality improvement
Professor Donna Mak
Head Population and Preventive Health, School of Medicine
The University of Notre Dame Australia,
Henry St (PO BOX 1225),
Fremantle, Western Australia 6959
tel 08 9433 0234 (Tues & Wed)
fax 9433 0250
Student-centered interventions the key to student health care worker influenza ...
Infection, Disease & Health (2016)
Objectives: To investigate influenza vaccination uptake rates, attitudes and motivations towards influenza vaccination among student health care workers (HCWs). Methods: ...
Non-culture Neisseria gonorrhoeae molecular penicillinase production surveillance demonstrates the long-term ...
Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2014)
Objectives Unlike most of the world, penicillin resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae from remote regions of Western Australia (WA) with high ...
Chronic disease and hospitalisation for pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza in ...
Communicable Diseases Intelligence (2011)
Indigenous and non-Indigenous Western Australians with pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza (pH1N1) infection were compared for risk factors, influenza vaccination history, ...
Preparing Medical Students to Undertake a Cultural Immersion Experience: Introducing ...
International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2011)
Recruiting and retaining practitioners to rural and remote locations is a challenge for many industries including health and education. The ...
Resending a consent form and information package to non-responders increases ...
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health (2011)
Since 2007, the Australian immunisation schedule has included adolescent vaccinations for human papilloma virus (females), diphtheria, hepatitis B, pertussis, tetanus, ...
The molecular epidemiology of ocular Chlamydia trachomatis infections in Western ...
American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (2008)
We studied the serovar distribution of Chlamydia trachomatis in patients with clinical eye disease in Western Australia. Most disease occurred ...